Sweetheart

So our foster, Mindy has a date with a potential adopter tomorrow evening. And so the fostering process continues. Nothing is for sure of course and tomorrow is just a first step.

Not sure how I feel about all of it. We love this girl and we think she likes it here with us. She fits in so nicely here. At the same time I know she will be a great addition to a family in search of a dog that loves to snuggle, loves to run, loves to chew her bone and loves to fetch. She is a sweetheart.

Sweetheart. That's been my word I've used describe her since we rescued her. BossMan's phrase to describe her has simply been "good girl", which is perfect. She really is both of those.

BossMan and I are sitting on the couch right now with Bruce and Mindy, watching The Wonder Years on Netflix (our favorite right now) and I think about how these two pups get along and even how their names fit together so perfectly. I think about how hard they play and how peacefully they snuggle (whether Bruce wants to or not). I'm a sap and I'm pathetic, I know.

Yep, I'm going to have a hard time with this but this is our gift. We saved an amazing dog. We did a good thing. And now we can give this gift to a person looking for a dog like Mindy. A sweetheart. A good girl.


Operation: Takeover the Couch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Girl

A Year Ago

Louie