They Deserve the Best

It's been quite a while since I've posted!

I'm sure you were all just so very anxious, awaiting another post. On the edge of your seats? Sweaty with anticipation? Feeling empty and meaningless with out a recent update?

Well it's been a crazy 4 or 5 weeks. I lost my job and then got a new one very quickly which means adjusting to different hours and a different commute. This is an adjustment for me, BossMan and the pups of the house. Bruce has continued his training at Petco and is still being a spaz, but he's still loved of course. I've also taken on some more responsibilities, helping out with the rescue group, St. Francis. And don't forget laundry (that is constantly in need of doing and folding, gag)!

While that is all going on we are still fostering our little Louie. He is now doing fabulous after his hip surgery and is officially up for adoption! He is such a trooper and such an absolute love bug that he has really melted my heart. He likes to find a cozy mat if a lap isn't available and he loves chewing on his Nylabone. He still has a limp but that should go away in due time. He has walked all the way around the block, slowly but surely! He likes to snuggle with Bruce and Bruce just deals with it. I'm of course going to be very sad to see him go to his forever home but as usual I will be so happy for him. Like all of these dogs, he deserves the best!

 


Speaking of deserving the best... Lola, our former foster did not get the best with her adopter. We were notified last week that her adopter wanted to return Lola to us. I was completely shocked and even hurt by this. Mostly, I just felt horrible for poor Lola. I felt like I let her down. She's been moved around too much and she can't understand why. I won't go into all the dirty details of what happened but I will summarize. Lola's adopter wasn't able to handle this dog's energy. Instead of taking the responsibility, her and her roommate went ahead and put the blame on the rescue group and decided to give Lola up. We then received another email this past weekend informing us that we had "until the end of the week to remove" her. At that time I hopped in the car to re-rescue our sweet girl Lola. We were able to quickly find a new foster home for her and she is now settling in nicely with a friend who stepped up in our time of need. She is doing very well with her new foster brother, Brinkley. Lola is now back up for adoption. She will need a home with an active owner/family who has the time to walk her daily if not twice a day. She loves to run in a big backyard, chew on bones and tennis balls and get her tan on in the sun. She is a sweet girl that, again, deserves the best!
 

Have a great rest of the week!

Sincerely,

A Busy and Happy Crazy Dog Lady


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Girl

A Year Ago

Louie