Almost There

Well we've spent over 15 hours on the road to Colorado and we probably have 4 or 5 more to go. 

We are so close to Salida, CO that I can't stand it! Bruce is ready also. I'll give you a run down on Bruce's car performance. 

Since Bruce is not the lovely ray of sunshine that many dogs are in the morning you can just imagine how he felt when my alarm went off at 3:50am Wednesday morning. He wasn't thrilled. He must get that from his daddy. 

Slightly confused and completely groggy, we loaded him up in the cab of the truck along with a blanky and we set off for the open road. Since he was half awake he found it easy to fall asleep partially on my lap. It doesn't end there. Have I mentioned that Bruce can be a bit of a spaz? Only a tiny bit. Ok, I kid. He is a big spaz who can be such a nervous nelly I contemplated sedating him a wee bit for this trip. I didn't because we were going into high altitudes and I didn't want his big ol' heart to stop. So anyways, he finally woke up completely and decided the truck was very scary or we were taking him back to the shelter. Not sure which one. He cried and was carrying on to no end. He laid down for 20 minutes and then BossMan would put on the breaks or go around a semi or a semi would go around our rig and Bruce would be back up nervous as all heck. 

We made it to Sparks, Nevada right before lunch for a little detour to Scheels, our favorite sporting goods store. We did some shopping, had some lunch, had a pee break, and made the choice to give the spaz one of grandma's Benadryls. 

Magic!! He passed out in 5 minutes and slept pretty much the whole 5 hours in the car until we reach the Nevada/Utah State line. Please, someone remind me to never do a long car ride with Bruce without Benadryl again!

Well we had a nice night at a KOA in Wendover, NV and we were back on the road by 5:30 this morning with a sleepy Bruce in tow. Now since I am such a dork I may or may not have forgotten his bed at home so while we were at Scheels we saw the coolest Carhartt dog
bed we just couldn't pass up. At the moment Bruce is comfortably sitting on his new bed watching the road. 
I haven't drugged him up yet because he's been such a good boy. Well a good boy apart from the fish breath and bad gas he's sharing with us all!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Girl

A Year Ago

Louie