Our Grand Entrance

We made it to Salida and to my aunt and uncles gorgeous house in the San Isabel National Forest. We made it before dark and more than ready for a beer.

We all hopped out of the truck and were greeted with lots of hugs! In the midst of all of this and dog introductions I made the very unwise decision to let Bruce off of his leash. Not my best move. 

Bruce made a b-line for the two horses in their enclosure, proceeding to chase them, nip at them and herd them around said enclosure. If it only ended like that. If only horses had a better sense of humor. If only horses didn't know how to kick ass or kick anything else for that matter. If only Bruce decided that listening to me when I call (scream and yell and cry for) him was in his best interest. 

Lets just say I was SLIGHTLY an emotional wreck but we got "Mr. Badass" out of the pasture with only minor scrapes and bruises. 

It's honestly the hardest thing for me to think about what could have happened. We were beyond lucky. A kick to the head from a horse can kill a dog. The horse not only kicked him but rolled him a few times and partially trampled him.

Let me tell you, I was so mad at Bruce right after it all happened but so grateful he was mostly ok. He came out with a pretty bad cut on his ear and some other scrapes. I gave him a bath, cleaned up all his wounds and checked for any internal injuries, just hoping the rest of the trip wouldn't be so dramatic. 

We were sure glad our grand entrance was over with. 



Crapy picture of his bum ear but I'll post other pictures later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Girl

A Year Ago

Louie